Please observe the following rules when you are scuba diving in St Kitts
To ensure a safe and enjoyable dive experience for all our guests we ask that standard "safe diving practices" are followed:
Prior to Diving:
- Please bring your Certification Card or Log Book with you.
- You will be asked to complete a "liability release".
- Please ensure your name is entered in our boat log before we leave the dock.
- Juniors under 18 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult ON THE BOAT.
On the Boat:
- Ensure you use our dry stowage for valuables.
- No footwear of any kind is allowed to be worn aboard the boat.
- No Smoking on the boat please.
- No alcohol
is allowed on the boat.
Scuba Diving Safety:
- Please follow the Instructors directions and dive briefing.
- We use the buddy system - always dive with your buddy.
- Solo diving is not allowed.
- Please maintain visual contact with the dive leader throughout the dive.
- If you are separated from the group or your buddy and it is not possible to locate them, do a normal ascent and end your dive.
- We ask you to make a safety stop after every dive, 3 minutes at 15 feet (5 meters). Make this longer if you wish.
- Deco diving is not allowed.
- Please do not touch any marine life or coral during your dive. Be particularly careful not to kick coral with your fins.
- For safety, we ask that you return to the boat with 500 psi (40 bar) in your cylinder.
- Ascend at a rate no faster than 30 feet (10 meters) a minute.
We are here to help you in any way we can. If you are unsure about anything or have any concerns about your dive, please ask us.
Padi courses and Discover Scuba Diving Guests:
- You will be given a full personal briefing prior to all dives, please ensure you understand fully the guidelines that apply to you.
- A medical questionnaire needs to be completed for all courses. You can download the Discover Scuba details here , the PADI courses medical here.