Please observe the following rules when you are scuba diving in St Kitts
To ensure a safe and enjoyable dive experience for all our guests we ask that standard "safe diving practices" are followed:
Prior to Diving:
- Please bring your Certification Card or Log Book with you.
- You will be asked to complete a "safe diving" statement and "liability release".
- Please ensure your name is entered in our boat log before we leave the dock.
- Juniors under 16 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult.
On the Boat:
- Ensure you use our dry stowage for valuables.
- No footwear of any kind is allowed to be worn aboard the boat.
- No Smoking on the boat please.
- No alcohol
is allowed on the boat.
Scuba Diving Safety:
- Please follow the Instructors directions and dive briefing.
- We use the buddy system - always dive with your buddy.
- Solo diving is not allowed.
- Please maintain visual contact with the dive leader throughout the dive.
- If you are separated from the group or your buddy and it is not possible to locate them, do a normal ascent and end your dive.
- We ask you to make a safety stop after every dive, 3 minutes at 15 feet (5 meters). Make this longer if you wish.
- Deco diving is not allowed.
- Please do not touch any marine life or coral during your dive. Be particularly careful not to kick coral with your fins.
- For safety, we ask that you return to the boat with 500 psi (40 bar) in your cylinder.
- Ascend at a rate no faster than 30 feet (10 meters) a minute.
We are here to help you in any way we can. If you are unsure about anything or have any concerns about your dive, please ask us.
Padi / NAUI courses and Discover Scuba Diving Guests: